Specialists in Alzheimer's care
Thornwood Care is situated in Bexhill-on-Sea. The house stands in 1.5 acres of landscaped grounds and provides an attractive sheltered garden area, offering peace and privacy within a friendly and secure environment.
Shops, churches and other amenities are within walking distance.
We provide high standards of care and can accommodate 16 residents to include the elderly and those with a dementia type illness. Our home offers single personal accommodation on two floors with a kitchenette, lounge and dining room on each floor. Other facilities include a variety of sitting rooms and a large day room. Each room has cable TV and telephone points.
- Giving help in intimate situations as discreetly as possible
- Helping residents to furnish their own rooms in their own style and to use them as much as they wish for leisure, meals and entertaining so creating a home from home feel
- Offering a range of locations around the home for residents to be alone or with selected others
- Ensuring privacy when service users are using the telephone, opening and reading mail and communicating with relatives and friends
- Treating each resident as a special and valued individual
- Helping residents to present themselves, well dressed, as they would wish to appear in public
- Tackling the effects of disabilities which residents may experience in their communication, physical functioning, mobility or appearance